Sunday 4 March 2012

Illustration lesson on roses

Using our reference books on roses I created the following lesson.

Objective: to have the girls sit down, study a picture and try to replicate it, in their own style/ability.

Method:
  1. Ask each child to pick a picture of a rose that they liked in their books. If you are like me, and look for challenges for your second child to break out on his/her own (and not copy the older sibling), using different pictures works well.
  2. In a special scrap book, I asked them to copy the rose that they chose as best they could, using the instruments I chose - this time I chose pencils. 
  3. Being older, Sunshine was asked to write the name of the rose she drew.
Outcome: here are pics of their work (unfortunately not good pics, I blame the camera!).
Sunshine's picture of a Joseph's Coat rose

Sweet-pea's picture of 'a rose'.

Harrison was busy with crayon drawing during the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...